Friday, November 30, 2012

Desire

11-30-12

_______________________

I don't often pen out my soliloquies,
For You--You are He who sees--
You know him and me and if us
You know my heart pulls me to my knees.

I am full of trembling fears
Accumulated through the tarnished years
Of things said and of things heard
Of bootless dreams and silent tears.

I know what I would like to say
And to keep saying it day by day
But I am mute
For once it's said, I can't unsay.

______________________________

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry, dear friend. I wish I had an answer for you.

    You're seeking the answers in the right place, though. You know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I know. I want to speak and yet am scared of doing so. The only place where I can control a reaction is in fiction. Or chemistry, I suppose, but that's altogether different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My problem is that I almost always "pen out my soliloquies." This is probably the wiser way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perhaps it's more wiser. But sometimes I wish for the courage to speak and have done with it. (Not that speaking necessarily equates to having done with it. I just think the act of speaking to be a powerful thing, and it is something I have found difficult to do for a long time, especially since sophomore year of high school. I've improved, but I'm still rather guarded, in my estimation.)

    ReplyDelete