Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Operating Capacity

11-13-12

Fiction-y.
__________________
My receptors flicker and glow. Electricity floods my circuits. Each gear in my chest whirs and wheels.

Everything appears to be in working order. At last check, there have been no recalls or anything else that's amiss. I see, I hear, I receive input and can certainly output. I'm at peak operating capacity.

So why is it nearly impossible to speak how I feel? Why do the words stop short of becoming audible?

Perhaps because the last time I said something, I got shut down so hard that I'm still rebooting.
__________________

9 comments:

  1. Aww, I'm sorry.

    You're not the only one, R2D2.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I figured as much. That last line popped into my head and so I had to write something around it. Granted, you also know the background. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just want to be brave, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brave is not always the same as wise. Sometimes brave is foolhardy. Better to be courageous and face the problems that face you, rather than facing problems to prove yourself.

    So I think.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, but how to tell when being brave is wise or foolhardy? What you say makes sense, but yeah. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I find I am only brave when I am less scared of bravery than I am of the other options. So, you know, I am never really brave at all.

    But don't let anyone dictate what you should do or not do. You know this already. But yeah-- God gave you a brilliant mind and a big heart and everything you need to know what to do and how and when. He even sends His Spirit to help. And though He has all the power in the universe, He refuses to take away your choice. So do the brave thing and make your choice and see it through.

    I don't know what I'm saying anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yet being brave (in this case, to me) means giving people the chance to hurt me. And I am ridiculously afraid of being hurt, even if I can write it all over my blog.

    But thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know, but you still get to choose.

    ReplyDelete