Friday, November 2, 2012

Back to The...

11-2-12

Fiction.
____________________________
Did I get transported back in time? Did someone conk me over the head with something heavy? Steal me away in the TARDIS? Fly backwards around the Earth? Use a Time-Turner?

I mean, he says hello to me and I do some dorky little wave and immediately feel self-conscious. It's not as bad as Harry asking Cho to the Yule Ball in one long unintelligible sentence. Or George McFly saying 'density' instead of 'destiny.'

It wasn't bad at all, you know. It's not like how I felt in high school--I can talk to him, I can make jokes, etc., It's not like I blush every time I see him. I don't, which is a relief. It's just...I feel stupid and I feel obvious and I feel invisible and I feel nothing will ever happen, just like all the other times.

But he still said hello to me. He didn't have to, you know.

But, seriously, though, what happened? Did someone stuff me in a Delorean?
____________

3 comments:

  1. This sort of thing always makes me want to apologize because it's not exactly the best feeling in the world, but it's not the worst, either, I guess?

    If this has anything to do with you, I'm sorry your time feels out of joint. I'm sorry it's relative and not absolute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if I'm completely honest, it's fiction-y. But I still hold this hope that more people than just Janelle read my blog. Though, pointing that out in the comments kind of defeats the point, I suppose.

    ReplyDelete