1-29-10
It is snowing. Actually, it's like periods of snow and periods of rain, yet the snow is sticking because it is cold. Up in the North, we'd call this 'heart-attack snow' because it's so wet and heavy. Nice for snowballs. The snow started falling at about 1:00 PM, right as I was starting Arts and Ideas class, and by the end of the hour, it was already piling up.
I have my blinds up, and it's getting heavier now. The radio's on, and they're commenting on how many (all, especially if secondary) roads are slick and icy, and how people shouldn't go out driving in this weather and they're commenting on where the accidents are. Some are even pretty close to campus. I would think that would be a given, but this is Tennessee. This isn't something regular, and drivers from this region aren't as careful, it seems. You can't drive in snow the same way you drive in rain! I guess I could be wrong, but yeah, it just looks like it's getting worse outside.
I should spend some time writing out my assignment list for next week, since I have two tests and two papers due next week. ARGH. I will be very busy on Saturday night and on Sunday. Anyway, I should be productive, but I feel like curling up in my quilt and reading.
More later.
No comments:
Post a Comment