Thursday, December 3, 2009

Some Thoughts

12-3-09

Two weeks from today, I will be in Michigan City for Christmas Break, done with my first semester back. It's a little crazy to think of. Also, a little crazy to think that I've only been back in the States for six months and four days (yes, I know the count; live with it).

Just got back from another fun hour at the Coopers'. I so very much love going over there. Mrs. Cooper demands a hug, Mr. Cooper always remembers my name and asks me how I am, and, of course, hanging with friends and watching The Office and, now, 30 Rock (what happens when your ride stays to see it) and dissing the stupid commercials where they're all singing about plaid being cuddly. A pattern can be cuddly? I thought soft things could be cuddly. *sigh*

Also, there's a house near the Coopers' home that Danny calls "toxic." It is completely decked out in lights--lights that blink, and a sign near the house claims that there is also "synchronized music" to go along with the house. Seriously? How much time did setting that up take? Does someone have a lot of time (and money, to pay the electric bill) on their hands? They could give me a little of that dough so that I could pay off my school bill and build up a credit again. Those are nice.

Exciting stuff today. At observation this afternoon, the classes I observe flipped personalities due to the presence of a sub in one class and the presence of no troublemakers in the other (principal took them out). On the way back, we had entered Exit 7 (the Collegedale exit) when our bus started slowing down a lot and not going the usual road. We asked what happened and the bus driver calmly said, "The bus lost its brakes." We sat for about half an hour until the school sent some Marketing folks to pick us up in vans. Then a client for the Writing Center was delayed for her appointment because people were gawking at the bus on the side of the road. Go figure.

Yay! Tomorrow's Friday. It's almost Sabbath--and almost time for the Christmas Concert. Saturday night, 7:30 PM or so. Then, no more Wind Symphony until January.

 More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment