12-10-09
Okay, so I like to follow other people's blogs, and this morning I read Robby's post on his blog (he's a friend of mine and fellow tutor/reader/minion), found here. For those of you who don't follow links, the quick synopsis is that he's friends with a bunch of girls and none of those relationships lead anywhere romantic and that is frustrating.
Well. I have a bunch of guy friends and none of those relationships have led anywhere romantic, either. I have fun with my guy friends and have banter and good conversation, but I never seem to be the type that a guy will ask out on a date--and that frustrates me.
Maybe that's why, because I'm a bit old-fashioned--I want a guy to do the asking, and not just to a movie or to vespers. I'd like to be asked to some place where I can have a real conversation and get to know the guy, because I think that friendship is a better basis for a romantic relationship than "love at first sight." Maybe it's because I don't hide my intelligence (because I've been told that my smarts intimidate guys). Maybe it's because I'm not the skinniest little thing in the world (and will never be tiny, just healthy). I don't really know why I haven't been asked out yet (ever), but I'm not really sure if I truly care at the moment.
Granted, it's only recently that my self-worth has improved, when I realized that my value comes from God and not other people. I have only recently thought myself "good" enough to be asked, and so it's only been recently that I've gotten frustrated over not ever being asked. It's only been recently that I've gotten frustrated over seeing all these random couples on campus and wondering, "How does that happen?" (I don't mean the crazy, let's-make-out-in-broad-daylight-on-the-Promenade-every-day types, but the people with steady mature relationships.) I want God to lead me to the right guy, and for God to lead the right guy to me. I don't think that's a stupid thing.
Just for general knowledge, I'm decently sure that I would probably say Yes to most of the guys that I know, and I'm just sort of hoping for a chance to say Yes.
More later.
No comments:
Post a Comment