Saturday, December 5, 2009

SNOW!

12-5-09

I scoffed like many others did at the weather forecast, quite cognizant of the fact that snow rarely, if ever, falls in Tennessee. Still, I secretly wished that it would snow. Why? I can't remember the last time I saw it; it was at least a year and a half ago, for there was no possibility of me seeing snow last year, when the temperatures I enjoyed were between 60 and 95 all the time.

This morning I woke up because Amanda was getting ready for first service, because she and the rest of the Ringtones were playing in it. I was going to go back to sleep when I thought, "Did it snow? I wonder if it snowed." So I rolled out of bed and pulled up the blinds--and lo! there was snow on the branches and the ground and falling from the sky. It made me feel warm and fuzzy on the inside. (Ironic, I know, how snow made me feel warm.)

While walking to church this morning (don't worry, it's only across the street!), I took pictures because I knew I had to document such an occasion in Collegedale history--as well as the excitement for seeing it for the first time in a long time. Granted, there wasn't much--and, now, at 1:20, it's mostly all gone, but it was there this morning, and I took pictures.


 

Spalding's Playground

 

 

 
Spalding's Playground, on my way back to the dorm

This still doesn't mean that I like the cold, nor will I like it when I go up to Indiana in a week and a half for Christmas Break. I like being warm, and thus I'm going to go snuggle into my blankets and take a nap before the Wind Symphony Concert tonight at 8 PM in Iles. (Christmas music and a convocation credit!)

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment