12-6-09
Last night we had a pretty awesome concert. Granted, there was squeaks in "Noel," but squeaks happen in each and every piece. Some pieces just make squeaks more obvious. Also, we had one piece that the best part about it was that we ended together, but OVERALL, we had an amazing concert. In particular, I think my solo went really well. I just played. Kevin and Christen said that it was the best I had done, including in practices. I'm really happy with it. I'm also happy that we don't have practice until January. But then, NEW MUSIC in January. Yay!
Also went to Steak and Shake with Kevin, Amanda, and Amy. Steak and Shake was the only place open at 11:00 on a Saturday night (yes, we went to eat after the concert). My meal was about ten dollars--which was decent, considering I got a shake, a hamburger and fries, and a soda. It was my first time back to one of those since before eighth grade. Guess I've gotten over the fear of cold milkshakes, warm bellies, and hospital stays (especially since my hospital stay was dictated by my appendix exploding, and not Steak and Shake shakes).
Tonight I went to the Campus Ministries/Student Missions Christmas Party. It was really fun, even though I got there an hour late (I was working my regular shift at the Writing Center). We played a Christmas-themed whole-body Rock Paper Scissors and the Steal the Gift Game for random presents that had been provided. I sort of wish I had ended up with the iPod, but that's okay. I got a nice box and a gift to use at some other party this week. :D
I also got to talk with Rebeca about Ebeye, who now agrees with me that it's not as bad as people make it out to be. People always talk so negatively about it! It's very frustrating. Especially when I've learned that it's not the circumstances or the environment that determines your well-being, but your mindset and your connection with God that determine your well-being and enjoyment. ARGH.
More later.
No comments:
Post a Comment