Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Follow-Up

11-26-12

So, the guy from this post apologized to me today. He said that he realized that what he said didn't sound right and that it had been bugging him since it happened. Also, he said, "Sorry" with the most awkward story about what he really meant was that 'most women that he knew didn't like history.' Then after I said I accepted his apology (he was attempting to sincerely apologize, after all), he asked, "Were you offended?" (I thought the accepting of the apology meant that I had been, but I answered yes.) He tried to make up for it by telling me, "You are actually very feminine." Twice. And he told me that I was a woman. I didn't know whether to be annoyed or laugh, so I've been laughing.

4 comments:

  1. Haha, wow, the whole thing is so interesting/strange. Nice of him to apologize, though. I think you're smart to laugh instead of being annoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apologies are complicated, which is why I didn't laugh at him right then and there. He was trying so hard to make it right that I didn't have the heart to be annoyed anymore.

    ReplyDelete