Saturday, September 15, 2012

Go Figure

9-15-12

I've decided to stop pretending to be an adult and actually go for it. I mean, seriously, I'm 25 years old, I really do need to stop thinking like I'm going to perpetually going to be in college. (I feel that grad school is going to be a different sort of beast.) I want to go where God leads me, but I also have a brain and legs and hands and all the necessary parts to do things on my own. If I start to go down a path He doesn't want me on, I'm rather sure that He'll let me know.

What sparked this line of thoughts? Shakespeare. Go figure.

Yeah, I was reading Measure for Measure and read this: "Our doubts are traitors / And make us lose the good we oft might win / By fearing to attempt." Lucio's being decent and thoughtful for once, so I figured I'd pay attention to what he was saying.

I'm going to start attempting, basically. And if I fail, at least it will be SPECTACULAR. (Yes, with CAPS lock on.)

Certainly, I'm going to be poor, but that doesn't mean I should just give up. I should eat peanut butter sandwiches and mooch off people who have to get the minimum on their cards (if I ever find such people in the economic climate of the cafe raising prices every semester). I should eat Ramen and find ways to make it semi-healthy. I should exercise and not be lazy just because I have to drive super early into the gym (and when I'm not in school, I should pay for a gym and go to it). ETC.,

P.S. I think Negron thinks that I'm going to do English in graduate school. Silly him.

5 comments:

  1. Go for it. The daring ones tend to win what they need.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely don't give up! So what are you going to do in graduate school? I'm curious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm planning to go for at least my master's in history, with an eye toward most likely working in a museum or university somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh neat! That sounds like a really interesting course of study and line of work. Hopefully you'll keep this blog up so I can learn lots from you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely plan to keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete