2-2-12
No, not the electric slide. Most of my weeks have, to this point, felt like hectic slides to Thursday evening, a scramble to get everything done and accomplished and what not. Papers and assignments and projects and what not--all a hectic slide toward the day (Friday) when I only have German due the next day.
I still haven't been as consistent as I'd like to get with exercising--when you feel like there's no motivation to persevere, it's much more difficult to actually do so. It's one of those "spirit willing, flesh weak" sort of situations. I haven't found that one exercise that I just love to do--well, scuba diving and snorkeling, but that's rather hard to do in landlocked Tennessee.
When I was reading Waking the Dead, I was struck by something the author said. He maintains (and I agree) that people are made for community, and that everyone needs a fellowship. My fellowship--as I'm mentally starting to call it--consists of people scattered across the country. They're friends who'll give it to me straight, who'll pray for me, who'll spend time with me (if we're in the same locale, that is), who actually care about me and about my life, who I have fun with. I'll do the same for them.
(Most likely, if you're in my fellowship, you probably know, and I hope I'm in yours.)
More later.
That sounds like a fascinating book.
ReplyDeleteI hope you get the exercise thing figured out, and when you do, let me know, because I could use some help there myself.
Anyway, I'm glad that it's almost Friday.
GOOD NEWS! GERMAN IS AWESOME! Ahem. DEUTSCH IST TOLL!
ReplyDelete@Janelle: It is a fascinating book. I'm so glad it's Friday, and all I have is German, wind symphony, and going with the groom from the wedding I'm in this May to get myself measured because the bride is back home in VA. Hopefully that doesn't take too long because then I'll either convince him to take me to Wal-Mart, too, or else I'll have to spend money at the VM to get groceries.
ReplyDelete@Robby: Ja, Deutsch ist toll. Ich halte Sätze machen, die Sinn machen. Es ist fantastisch.
Das Sprechen in einer Sprache nicht jeder der Anwesenden weiß, wenn es eine gemeinsame Sprache für die Verwendung ist ein bisschen unhöflich, nicht wahr?
ReplyDeleteAll I said was that I was making sentences that made sense. It's a small sort of accomplishment for me because I don't think I'm any good at it. So I wasn't trying to be impolite.
ReplyDeleteSorry, Ashlee. I think you're probably better at German than you think.
ReplyDelete