Friday, February 24, 2012

Chatterbox

2-24-12
________________________

She's chattering on the phone again.

She never chattered. Not until two weeks ago.

That's when he asked, just like we expected he would. And now...now, nearly all of the paragraphs and sentences and phrases and words and syllables that come out of her mouth are about bridesmaids and venues and save the dates and guest lists and family spats and should I invite this person because else these people won't come and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on.

It's nearly as bad as having the television stuck on a TLC marathon of Say Yes to the Dress after having just broken up, I'd wager. Yes, there's joy and there's happiness and glee--when isn't there?--but there's also silence where there used to be conversation, monologues where there used to be dialogues.

*sigh*

Is there some support group for having engaged friends?
________________________________

This probably sounds overly bitter, but it's not. It's more frustrated than anything else. *sigh*

3 comments:

  1. I have literally NO IDEA why marriages can't be easier.
    Have you seen Father of The Bride?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not the whole thing. I've seen snippets; it seems rather hectic in there, as well. How does it apply (if it does)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We should definitely have a support group. SO MANY PEOPLE are getting married.

    I think marriages CAN be easier if people don't get swept away by their feelings. But that's just me.

    My sister loved that movie, but her wedding was nothing like it (actually, looking back on it, her wedding was kind of awesome. I want one like that, if I ever have one).

    ReplyDelete