2-10-12
Sometimes I feel as if I'm a lucky charm: one of my former roommates ended up engaged while living with me, and the other roommate may end up getting engaged relatively soon. Me being a lucky charm isn't true, it just feels true sometimes. I suppose it's only when I'm feeling cynical that I think things like that.
I did something impulsive (for me) today. See, there were these girls who have to run a business for their Business Strategies class and they're selling homemade cards. Seasonal. Anyway, I bought one because I wanted to support their project. That wasn't the impulsive part. What I did that was impulsive was the card I bought. It's a card that's meant to be from a secret admirer. I'm impulsive enough to buy it, but probably not impulsive enough (or brave enough) to send it. Oh, yes, I was bold enough to hang around after vespers to say hello to said person (along with other people), but not bold enough to send a secret card. Anyway, wouldn't sending the card actually be a cop-out? It's just...I don't know how much stock I put into the advice that I've gotten about how "I'll know" (a nearly nebulous concept, to be sure), but...well, the songs haven't all started making sense, as the sage Kate Beckett said, but they might all be in the right key. For me, at least. I haven't the foggiest what he thinks. Nor, at the moment, any real way of finding out what he thinks. I want to develop our friendship, at the very least.
In other news, I finished reading Lord of the Rings, and it gets better each time I read it. I'm quite sure that my favorite characters are Sam and Faramir. And my favorite subplot is Faramir and Eowyn's. There's just something in that story that captures my imagination and feels relevant to my life.
My schedule is rough. (Whose isn't?) But I've already mentioned the Hectic Slide, and that will continue at least until after Preparing to Meet the Firms is over. Then again, I'll be adding SonRise practices to my life rather soon, so who's to say that I'll ever have peaceful moments (save Sabbaths) in this semester. (Next semester doesn't seem to be shaping up to be peaceful either. Oh well.)
I unexpectedly networked this week. On Tuesday I ended up eating lunch at the cafe and Dr. Hasel came and joined me. I had one class from him, in Winter 2008, and he still knows my name and remembers things about me. He asked me if I was graduating in May and I said, no, December, but his answer was "I knew it had to be soon." Basically, I ended up telling him about my recently-decided plans to go to grad school for a history masters and possibly up in museum work. He recommended a class I should take in the fall, if my schedule has any flexibility in it, and that I should try to docent at the museum on campus and see how I like it. (I haven't followed up on that last part yet, but I plan to.)
So, I've rambled on quite a bit, but it's all right. It's not exactly the blog post I had in mind, but that's okay. Sometimes rambling is necessary. :D
I'm sorry your schedule is so hectic.
ReplyDeleteRambling is good, and so is networking.
You are definitely a charm, dear.
Just so you know.
Yes, but what type of charm? And if I am, can I ever affect myself? Part of me is happy with being patient and the other part is so tired of seeing people start dating or get engaged or get married, so tired of feeling like I've somehow been left behind again. God'll work out; He always does. But that doesn't make being patient and being content any easier when it's right at home. :D
ReplyDelete