Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Smeagol-ish

10-18-11

Okay, I've already written and then shelved two blog posts. I'm just not sure how personal I want to be. I love you guys, but I'm still learning this being open thing, and the Internet is still a big wide open indefinable sea of pages and what not.

(I referred to the Internet as being similar to the high seas in my Pirates, Captives, and Slavery midterm essay today. I also used the word modernity a few times. I'm sure I did fine on the essay.)

I just wish things were easier to figure out. Fish are complicated. *sigh* I'm an idiot.

(I know, I know. Janelle's going to post that I'm not. And while that's probably true, I feel like an idiot. Does feeling like something make you that something? 'Cause if so, then I'm an idiot in or about some things, despite how book-brilliant I am.)

But, seriously, can't things (well, people, to be accurate) be easier to figure out? *sigh* I make progress and then slide back. I talk positively to myself and then think negative thoughts. I've been re-reading The Two Towers, and, although Gollum is FAR from my favorite character (mine is a tie between Sam and Faramir), I can understand being of two minds. I think it's called being human. Couldn't it be easier? Even just a little bit? I wonder what it would be like if I could, you know, actually be bold enough to just say what I think, and d----d be the consequences.

(Well, that makes two of us.)

Oh, and I used that last colorful phrase to refer to a pirate's mentality in my midterm essay as well. I hope that won't lose me points, because they definitely did think that way. I may have possibly found a less colorful phrase, but I hadn't had the time. Anyway, more later.

4 comments:

  1. I've given up and posted it on the net. I feel like it keeps me honest. Besides, famous people in the past used to do it. (publish their memoirs)

    So I guess you've made the right choice, and I haven't. Anyway, everything's gonna be fine. God may seem miles away, but he's literally the best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, goodness, I want to reference SO MUCH *STAR TREK* RIGHT NOW. Have you seen "The Enemy Within"?

    Anyway, yes, you're right. You aren't an idiot.

    Also, your PCS midterm essay sounds awesome. I hope I get to see it at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robby, I don't know if it's the right choice. I may put the fiction-y thing up. I just didn't really feel it last night. And thanks. God is the best ever. In fact, I would probably be even more confused and what not if He weren't around. :D

    Janelle: Probably, but I don't recall the details. Is that TOS? And I could just tell you about my essay. It was about pirates and politics...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is indeed TOS. We'll have to watch it at some point.

    Yes, tell me more!

    ReplyDelete