Monday, October 24, 2011

I Willingly Chose to Have a Microphone in my Face Today

10-24-11

It was the strangest thing, being interviewed. Especially since it was only for the sounds. For the pictures that I could create with my words. It made sense to me, seeing as I'm a writer, but there I was, trying to talk about music and creating music and how to put my bass clarinet together, trying to find the right words, the clearest words, and I wondered: How do people on television do it? Especially since there they have to worry about looking right and not fidgeting and what not. All I had to do was talk and play, and I was even screwing up my scales. Oops. Anyway...I made it through, and Nathan hopefully has good material for his project. (And I hope I sound okay, since I don't necessarily like how I sound when I hear recordings of my voice. No matter.)

More later.

3 comments:

  1. I'm sure you did fine! That sounds like a fascinating experience.

    Recordings are terrible at capturing voices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Janelle, do you ever sleep? (I mean that in a good, concerned-friend way.)

    ReplyDelete