Friday, October 21, 2011

"Just as stupid as the rest of us"

10-21-11

Fiction-y thing.
________________

She didn't know if she'd have done this for anyone else. Perhaps she would have made excuses (though the most ready excuse no longer existed), perhaps she would have said "Another time."

But, for him, she made time. Maybe it was because they were friends; maybe it was because she had told him that he was stuck with her as a friend months ago. Friendship was certainly a worthy enough reason to spend a little more money and a little more gas than what had already been spent in the long day.

Of course she wondered if it was because of something more, but she decided that it didn't matter. She didn't have to say anything because she thought the friendship preferable. If it led somewhere, it did, and if it didn't, it would lead somewhere else and be just as good, if not better.

(If he'd only stop pursuing girls who didn't or wouldn't or couldn't make him happy [or being pursued by such girls], it would be infinitely more bearable. Still, it's not like she'd stop being his friend because of that. No, she'd said that he was stuck with her as a friend, and stuck he was going to be.)

___________________

More later.

2 comments:

  1. Oh man, oh man, oh man, I get this.

    I'm sorry.

    We should talk sometime. Of course I shall pray. :-)

    Well done, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm definitely okay. Like I was telling Brooke yesterday, I'm fine with being friends. If I just didn't have that annoying little thought in the back of my head, that's all.

    ReplyDelete