Friday, October 28, 2011

Hmm

10-28-11

So, I was reading a friend's blog. He had just read this, and so I followed his link to it and read it for myself.

Hmm. That makes a lot of sense, and it's really annoying. It makes sense because it resonates (and that's the same reason that it's annoying). It took me forever to start trying things that I might fail at. Actually, I'm still working on taking good risks instead of sticking to the things that I know I'll do well at. (Or, as Robby would say, the things at which I'll do well.)

Moral of the story: Tell kids they've made a great effort, not that they're so smart. From personal experience, I know that being told the one can put a serious damper on effort. And I didn't need scientific studies to know that. (It was nice of them to point it out, however.)

More later.

1 comment:

  1. I agree so much with your moral. It was a fascinating article, by the way.

    ReplyDelete