3-14-10
I, like many people, are prone to procrastination. My math teacher in high school considered procrastination to be a "bad word" because it meant we didn't get our math homework done. Most of the time, I agree with this teacher I had, but that's usually because I'm so incredibly busy that if I procrastinated, I'd probably fall behind.
Well, I have been procrastinating on figuring out what sort of posts to do for this blog, and I've been procrastinating on working on my next draft of the short story I'm working on (at least, I think it's a short story; since I haven't typed it up yet, I don't know how many words it has). That got me thinking about what I do instead of typing up my next draft--and that gave me an idea for a post. Happy day!
Bejeweled Blitz on Facebook is a one-minute swapping the jewels game that I frequently indulge in. I probably shouldn't--though during spring break, I got a score of over 500,000--and I think it's actually addictive. I've pulled back a bit, but that's because I have homework. Actually, Facebook in general is a time-waster, although I do have legitimate uses for it (like keeping in touch with friends that I'm not in the same state--or room--with). However, I don't need to be constantly logged in and "liking" 419 people's status updates. Oh, the joys of the interwebz.
I am reading The Lord of the Rings for the fourth time, and I am finding more things to enjoy in it each time I read (perhaps I'll do a book review after I finish reading each section of it). I also have homework, though I did read some Tennyson poems for Monday's British Literature class. (We're studying the Victorians now!) Yet I need to work on my term paper revisions. Later, perhaps.
While reading news on CNN, I found this, since today is Pi Day, the day before the Ides of March (also, it's Einstein's birthday). Look for your birthday in Pi--or look for any other number string. It will seriously be cool and time-consuming. It will distract from both writing and homework.
Oh, and there's homework. Did I mention I did that instead of writing? *sigh* I like school, but homework can be annoying when you want to write. Especially if you're a procrastinator.
Now it's time to stop using this blog as procrastination and work on that draft.
~Ashlee
No comments:
Post a Comment