Monday, March 29, 2010

Sigma Tau Delta (and other thoughts)

3-29-10

Last night I was inducted into the English honors society, Sigma Tau Delta. We went to a production of Romeo and Juliet on the campus of UTC, and then we ate dinner at El Meson. I had burritos and rice and beans--very filling, and I didn't have to pay for it. Yay!

There was a little ceremony, and four of us were inducted. Then six of the group (including two who had been inducted) were recognized for being graduating seniors. So basically, the group next year will consist of like four of us, but whatever. The motto is "Sincerity, Truth, Design," but I don't really know what the last one is actually referring to. Perhaps creativity? I'm not sure...

I am considering some changes in my academic plans--namely, I don't want to take biology next semester. If I didn't, I could take some other class that I need and be less stressed. One of my friends who took it for the same purpose that I'm planning to says that the class is "hellish." I do not want to take such a class just because I'm an honors student. I'd rather not be an honors student. Seriously, all I really want to do is take the two honors seminars (which are free and interesting), and taking biology out of my schedule reduces the time spent in school (and probably reduces the amount of time spent paying back my school loans). So I'm going to do some asking and thinking and praying.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment