4-1-10
A person's life is little like a building in construction--foundations are dug and poured, the structure goes up, the roof goes on, the interior is installed. Sometimes, when it looks like nothing's happening on the outside of the building, major things are happening on the inside. Sometimes weather stalls construction for a bit, but then again, things happen inside during bad weather, too.
The above is one of the things that I think about whenever I walk past the in-process Florida Hospital Hall.
As regarding my life, I am excited about participating in Sonrise as a mobster this weekend--not completely excited about probably losing my voice by the end of it, but hey, until someone teaches me how to properly scream all day, I'll keep losing it. Probably a bad thing, but I won't regret it until I'm old(er).
The Wind Symphony tour in May was canceled due to not having enough musicians able to go, so I had to cancel my plane ticket, and it turned out to be nonrefundable. That stinks. I'm also pretty disappointed because my church family was going to feed us all on our way up to GLAA and they were excited about it, and because my family was probably going to actually be able to hear me play in university band. Granted, that means I have an extra week to work on camp planning, but still. It also means I can be on time to Katie's wedding in May, but still. I was looking forward to the tour.
Other than that, life is humming along. I've got a lot to do, but who doesn't?
No comments:
Post a Comment