Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Night

3-13-10

So, my laundry's in the dryer and I'm just checking some of the things I'm involved with online. I still feel very bad about neglecting my writing blog. But I haven't really had ideas for posts. I need to plan that.

I could be doing homework, since this week is going to be a busy one. Do I really want to do homework is more of the question, but the answer to that one is not really. However, I do have work tomorrow, so I sort of need to do something--even if it's working on my term paper's revisions. *sigh* I had soup for dinner. Minestrone. It was good. But I sort of wish I was out doing something with friends. But I had no ideas and no one asked me, so here I am, waiting for my laundry to dry. *sigh*

However, I might read for British Literature. I sort of liked Tennyson's poems, and so that would make things better. I will put off on reading for American history until tomorrow, because yeah, it's my easy class. Off to try and be productive.

2 comments:

  1. My fav Tennyson poem, of course, is the Lady of Shallot. But who could disagree?

    On either side the river lie
    Long fields of barley and of rye,
    That clothe the wold and meet the sky;
    And thro' the field the road runs by
    To many-tower'd Camelot;
    And up and down the people go,
    Gazing where the lilies blow
    Round an island there below,
    The island of Shalott.

    Willows whiten, aspens quiver,
    Little breezes dusk and shiver
    Through the wave that runs for ever
    By the island in the river
    Flowing down to Camelot.
    Four grey walls, and four grey towers,
    Overlook a space of flowers,
    And the silent isle imbowers
    The Lady of Shalott.

    ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we read that for class on Friday. I really did like that poem.

    ReplyDelete