Monday, October 19, 2009

Wind Symphony and Some Random Facts

10-19-09

Our concert last night went well--definitely not perfectly, but well enough that we got applause (unless they were just being polite). I actually played my parts in "Variations on a Korean Folk Song" better than I have ever played them in the last two months. Yay! Today: no woodwinds sectional. Wednesday: CHRISTMAS MUSIC. Needless to say, I am excited about getting new music to practice and play. December 5th's the concert, in Iles (probably).

Random Facts

-It is very cold outside for it being October in Tennessee. Even the people who were here last year say it's extraordinarily cold. Like frigid. I shiver and hurry to class, and still wear flippity-floppities when I can.

-I am enjoying reading current student missionary blogs. Any time I see a new update, it gets opened on a new tab and I read.

-I miss being on Ebeye. However, I got my yearbook yesterday! And some of the kids from the class I sponsored wrote me notes in what is basically decent English. I felt all warm and fuzzy inside.

-I have an American Literature test today, and I should be reviewing for it instead of making this post. I also have an actual midterm in Christian Beliefs tomorrow morning, and a test over our entire textbook in Introduction and Foundations of Secondary Education tomorrow afternoon. ARGH.

-I am trying to fit in my writing. And making the next Roots newsletter. And sleep. And socialize. And have fun. *sigh*

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment