10-14-09
We had the small Bible study group made up of returned student missionaries meet tonight. We met in the prayer room near the Campus Ministries office--and I had never been in there before. It has pillows and cushions, fake plants to add greenery, paper, markers, and a cross made out of wood. One wall is sort of like stained glass, but not really. But the truly cool thing was the fact that the walls are covered with handwritten prayers and statements from people who've visited the room. I think I may stop by the room and add to the wall myself, just because there's space and it's an intriguing concept (even if it would feel weird to write on a wall).
Our topic tonight was about peace--and I definitely needed peace tonight. I've been feeling all stressed and overwhelmed and tired, and I didn't even want to go tonight (funny how the nights you need it the most, you don't want to go). But I was truly blessed and really enjoyed it. We even left our shoes outside the room, and that made me think about Ebeye and how we took shoes off by front doors there, so as to not track sand all over the place. :D
Now to bed. More later.
No comments:
Post a Comment