10-13-09
Seriously, I do. Picking a title that conveys the summation of the entire blog post is one of the worst things to do. I mean, does it have to be creative? Spectacularly witty? Full of verbosity?
Whatever. My minute/day/week is going well. I got the first issue of Roots (the newsletter that we send to the current student missionaries) finished and printed out, and I even helped put them into the envelopes for the mailing that's soon to go out. It was a good feeling of accomplishment. Then I went back to the dorm and accidentally washed my flash drive. I haven't checked if it works yet; I've been letting it dry.
I got a 94 on my second statistics test, and that was as exciting as the first 94. I think that Statistics is my favorite class, even though I have both an English and a history class in my schedule this semester. Maybe it's the challenge of learning something new and foreign to my brain, and maybe it's the teacher's teaching style--maybe both--but my mom thinks it's weird that my math class is my favorite. (However, I will be happy when I won't have to walk from Brock to Hickman every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday in seven and a half minutes.)
It's a little difficult to believe that it's almost midterm break (which, unfortunately, means I have midterms in every class next week). It's almost November, which means that I will have been back in the States for a total of five months. It seems like a lot longer--and a lot less. Especially since it's getting colder, I keep thinking about Ebeye--my students, my fellow SMs, my ocean views. I do miss it, and I would go back. Just saying.
I wish I had more time to hang out with people--but I'm here for an education, and I'm here to pay for my education (meaning I have classes and I have work). But I have to admit that I like it when God lets me bump into somebody I can have a catch-up chat with.
Wind Symphony concert on Sunday night, which means we play at church for the first two services. We also have a two-hour practice on Thursday night, and two practices on Friday. Fun fun. It's why I wore my gray dress pants to field experience instead of my black dress pants (which are a part of my band uniform). I think I'm decently practiced for this concert--I think I've practiced more this semester than in any other college semester to date. I think I've made it slightly more of a priority, and that's because I enjoy the challenge of playing my bass clarinet. Also, we picked to go to Indiana/Michigan/Canada/NYC/Maryland for band tour. It also means I have to buy a flight from Maryland to Indiana so I can make it to Katie and Wade's wedding on May 16 (but it will definitely be worth it).
I am reading The Grapes of Wrath for American Literature class. Sad, but intriguing. I find myself wanting to know what happens to the Joads, even if the whole book is written in dialect (which is sometimes difficult to read). More later.
No comments:
Post a Comment