8-27-12
I'm no longer sleeping on the floor! Yay!
After all the growing I did while on Ebeye, I became willing and able to actually work at being a friend and what not. I grew past my past and got over myself, you might say. But a few days ago I realized that deep down I still secretly believed that people will pretend to like me and that they'll abandon me at a moment's notice (if that).
Well, I got myself proven wrong, and this makes me very happy. I'm not sure I can describe how excited I was to realize that I do have a group of friends who think of me when things are happening, a group of friends who actively include me. I suppose it might be a little disheartening to find that I still unknowingly expect to be left out, but I also think that's just a feeling that I'll have to keep overcoming as I continue to grow. (So, thank you, my friends, for being your wonderful selves and for being my friends.)
I got some errands done today--returned a textbook (first time I've ever needed to do so), saw some people, talked with my adviser for like an hour (that's a story for a different post, once the thoughts percolate), tried to do some scheduling. I'm also attempting to be at least a little like Hermione and read some of books ahead of time, just because I know I will be super busy during the semester itself.
I still need to buy shelves and a desk chair. Maybe I'll find some at the Samaritan Center or Goodwill. They're too danged expensive at Wal-mart.
Oh, and I still don't know what I'll do after graduation. Fun fun.
More later.
--Ashlee
Sounds like things are going well for you thus far. Good. I am glad you have excellent friends.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful week.