Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Off-Campus

8-22-12

So I've been back in Tennessee since Monday evening. I got to go hunting for the apartment that I will be sharing with Lindsey and Tamara in the near-dark. I even ended up calling Lindsey so she could get her brother (the former occupant) to explain where he hid a key for me.

Yesterday I emptied my storage unit in one trip, which was nice. That saved gas, anyway. I carried everything upstairs (since that's where my room is) and now I'm sore. I'll probably have to bring all my kitchen stuff up as well (the kitchen is tiny and doesn't seem to have any room for my stuff). I might buy a fridge. I'm also looking for a twin bed because the one in here is like a full sized bed and it dominates the room and I don't like it. Nor do I have sheets that fit it.

Today I vacuumed my truck out and discovered that I have tiny spaces under the backseat. Nice. I also bought my textbooks (not the most expensive semester, but a lot of books; the cashier guessed that I was a history major. I'm English, but she wasn't far off). I bought some plastic drawers and some food and some school supplies.

I think I'll go out for supper.

More later.

2 comments:

  1. I hope things go well for you. I'm sure they will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One trip in your truck? Ugh. I miss having a big vehicle.

    ReplyDelete