Friday, April 27, 2012

*sigh*

4-27-12

So I still don't know where I'm living next semester. The school said that they would tell me this week whether or not I got into university housing (they haven't). I also haven't heard from the people whom I might a possible third housemate for them in an off-campus house.

I got a storage unit today, though. A friend of mine sent me a text last night saying that one of the storage places in Ooltewah had openings, so I left a message on their machine. I called back this morning because I felt prompted to do so. Turned out that the gentleman only had one unit left, so I hurried to get in my truck and get cash and get myself over to his establishment. I made it there before someone had come in wanting it, so I got it and paid for it through August. So I don't have to take all of my things up north this summer. Score.

I'm still learning stuff about myself and life, and, slowly but surely, I am growing up (I think). That doesn't make the stuff any easier. Sometimes I wish it were easier, but I guess that if it were easier, the victories and the growth wouldn't be as sweet.

More later.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh growing up really does succotash. I feel you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry, dear. I'm glad you've found a place for your stuff. I hope Southern people get back to you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOH, succotash. I should of thought of that way back when I was thinking up post labels. But, yeah, thanks. In some ways I guess it's better than being stuck in a place you'd rather not want to be in.

    I hope they get back to me soon as well.

    ReplyDelete