12-17-11
So, finals are over. Yay! Now I have a year until my own graduation. Not so yay. I mean, that's exciting, but it's also very scary, considering that if I don't get into law school, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I'm still trying to figure out options just because, well, plans don't always go as planned. Besides, my mom keeps asking me what I'll do if I don't get into law school, and I would like to have a goodish answer.
I was strangely distracted during finals. Partially that's because I only had two finals and the rest were projects to turn in or non-existent. I mean, in other semesters, I've had all five tests and had to be very careful, time management wise. I kept listening to new music and re-reading all seven of the Chronicles of Narnia. I think one of my ultimate favorite characters has to be Puddleglum from The Silver Chair because of the awesome statement of faith that he makes when he, Rilian, and the children are being attacked by the witch. It's just profound, you know? And worth reading. So I had to pull myself away from my bedroom and ended up studying in the library, which isn't something I normally do. I've discovered that I sort of like it, and so I may end up studying there more often. (It doesn't hurt that I was half-hoping to possibly run into someone there. It never happened, but it was always a possibility.)
I also read Waking the Dead, by John Eldredge. It's what I've been needing to read for a while, I think. I have been afraid. Afraid of different things, some of which I didn't even know. But God and I had a conversation this morning, and I realized that some of my issues go back further than I thought they did. And now I can go on, with His help, of course. It's still all settling in my head, so there might end up being a fiction-y thing at some point, but you know, that's how it goes.
More later.
What's Eldredge's book about?
ReplyDeleteShall we talk sometime over break?
We should talk some time over break. Sometime next week after I get back to Southern Village.
ReplyDeleteThat sounds good.
ReplyDeleteHOORAY PROJECT FINALS
ReplyDeleteTHEY ARE TERRIFYING FOR MONTHS, INSTEAD OF MERE WEEKS