9/22/11
I am certainly ready for Midterm Break, though I keep wondering why, since by that point in the semester I'll be at least hip-deep in two term papers. One's for Haluska, the other's for Diller, and, sure, I can do it, and, yeah, I chose my classes for the semester, but still, that's going to be tough.
Whatever. I've also realized that I've got a lot to do, like start my honors project (well, start it after I've finished figuring out what the heck I'm going to do if I'm not going to do lots of research for some literature class) and figure out what I'm going to do with my life.
Maybe it's a blessing that my friends seem to always be busy and never able to hang out or chill. Maybe it means I'm suppose to get busy. Or it just means that I have busy friends and I spend too much time at my apartment doing homework. I'd rather not be lonely, rather not end up as a spinster (I'm pretty sure that's what my mother thinks is going to happen, for all the hints I've gotten from her about how I'm supposed to be "finding someone" because I'm 24, since that apparently makes me really old), just saying, but, to my knowledge, the latter isn't caused by just one person. I just wish I didn't feel invisible sometimes. (Maybe that was too revealing. Whatever.)
And lightning just flashed and thunder just crashed, so I'm logging off and turning off my computer. More later.
Aww, Ashlee. We should hang out sometime. My phone is out of commission at present, so Facebook me if you want to.
ReplyDeleteI'm sorry you've got so much to do, but if anyone can handle it, you can.
Wow, mid-term break... Why does it seem like so long since the last time I had one of those? It's only been a little less than two years, but so much has happened in that time! Anyway, wow, you have a busy year. I'm so interested in your honours project. What are your options? Or do you just think of something all on your own and do it? Also, 24 is not old, in my opinion. I'm going to be 27 soon and I still feel pretty young. And finding someone happens when you least expect it. I know that's totally cliche, but it's actually true, at least in my experience and observations. The ones who try the hardest to find someone might find someone pretty soon...but usually it doesn't last very long. And the ones who go about their daily lives, keeping busy at the things they love, usually happen to have someone just fall into their lives totally unexpectedly. Of course, this isn't exactly proved science, but I tend to think it's true anyway.
ReplyDeleteWell, I can either do something like write a novel or add an hour of research to a literature class. I really don't like the idea of adding an extra hour of research to a literature class.
ReplyDelete24 is not old, I agree. However, I know a lot of people for whom it is old. I have one of my friends who's trying to get me to go out and date people, but I'm not going to force myself upon people. I can't make people like me. You know, I'd like to be pursued, not be the pursuer.
So I'm just trying to live my life and let God just steer me in the right direction. So I hope that your not-exact science proves true in my case.
It's a good plan, to be pursued and not the pursuer. I hope my theory proves true for you, too!
ReplyDelete