Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Thinking?

9-28-11

I waver between being an adult and being an almost-adult. I think most people (if not all people) do. But what does it take to feel like an adult? Or are the adults just running things while pretending that they're adults (while secretly feeling that they're not adults)?

Thinking about that makes me think about Ender. And Ender's Game. And why I like that book so very, very much. It connects, you know? And it speaks to me. The power of books, I s'pose.

Anyway, super busy. Very sleepy. Too many projects, not enough time. It would be nice, sometimes, to have a decent Delorean or some other device capable of turning time. (Except for the possibility of paradoxes and the annihilation of the entire universe. Or something like that.)

Headed to bed. Night, folks!

-Ashlee

2 comments:

  1. I agree...I think most people have that waver-time, too. For some it might be shorter, for others longer. Wonder if/when it leaves? Man, I need to read the Ender series again! You're right, those books do sort of show how everyone goes through that phase, but I can't even give any examples because it's been so stinking long since I read them... Wish I had my home-library with me out here in Maine. Maybe I'll just have to rely on a real library.

    ReplyDelete