9-5-11
So, rain decided to come in through the part of my window where the curved window meets the rectangular window. Not cool. I texted and called JP, and she got someone from Plant Services to look at it. He dried it and put some plumber's putty on it, but I have to leave my room disarranged so that someone can look at it tomorrow to see what else needs to be done with it. *sigh* You would think that living in a newly finished apartment would mean that I wouldn't be having to deal with this.
I mean, on Ebeye, water came in the window, ran down the wall, soaked my mattress and got my papers wet. But I sort of expected stuff like that to happen. Here, in this new apartment, I didn't. But I suppose both the window and my perspective need fixing on the matter. Still, it's supposed to rain most of the rest of the week. (Thanks, Lee!)
In other news, I've made contact with both of my beats for News Reporting class. (I originally wrote that as Newsreporting class, and that's decidedly not an English construction. So at least I can tell that I've been paying attention in German. I sort of have to, seeing as I'm the only one in Intermediate German.) There's a lot of interesting things going on, despite the fact that both of the people I talked to don't think anything going on in their departments is interesting. Guess I should go write my beat report.
Also, I understand that everyone is busy, but if I send a text, I'd at least like a response saying that you're too busy. (Does that make sense? Silence makes me feel that I've angered you somehow, or that you've decided that I'm not worth answering. Granted, that's my problem, but yeah, doesn't make it bother me less.) [Note: the "you" here is not everyone, but the "you" probably doesn't read my blog, but I still wanted to get that off my chest. Right now I just feel like a friend of convenience, and I know we're better friends than that.]
More later.
AMEN AMEN AMEN AMEN
ReplyDeleteIf you can't respond, at least tell the person that you've read the text. I mean, people get annoyed at "kk" or "hm" or "yeah, me too." BUT I POSIT THAT they would be more annoyed if I didn't answer at all!
THANK YOU ASHLEE
Yeah, the last text back from that I got was on Saturday night when they said they were driving and couldn't text. Fine with me. But it's now Tuesday and despite a few texts, I've gotten no answer. *sigh* Sometimes it's difficult actually caring about friends.
ReplyDeleteWhat are your beats for news reporting? I really enjoyed that class. You're totally right; people have no idea what's interesting; I had the same problem with my beats.
ReplyDeleteThat texting thing . . . YES IT IS TRUE and I'm sorry. That's one reason why I always post something on every blogpost I read. I never have anything worthwhile to say, but I want you to know that I was there, and I paid attention, and you made me think (even if what I thought wasn't worth thinking). That's my philosophy on texting, too.
Finally catching up on blogs again...
ReplyDeleteFirst, yay for you being in News Reporting class!! What are your beats? Haha, the people in charge of different departments usually have no idea why stuff that happens in their department might be of interest to a reporter. Sometimes I wonder how they're so surprised to have a new beat reporter talk to them about events going on in their departments. I mean News Reporting happens EVERY semester...have they already forgotten about the last reporter to came to talk to them?? Really?? If so, I think some of them should work on their memory skills...
Now on to texting, I know this probably isn't what's happening in your situation, but here's my take on it. Usually when I don't text back it's because I don't have my phone with me (or, as in my current situation, don't have a cell phone at all). And occasionally, when I do have a cell phone, I purposely don't take it places because I like the peace and happiness of living life without a cell phone. But yes, if you KNOW someone has their cell phone with them and they NEVER answer you back, that's pretty annoying!
My beats are the history department and the office of academic affairs.
ReplyDeleteAnd yeah, it would be nice to know what's interesting. And then sometimes I hear something and I'm like, "Why didn't they tell me that?"