Friday, September 2, 2011

Rain

9-2-11

Rain. I love how it sounds when it patters against the roof and windows, how the thunder rolls and the lightning flashes, how the dry, cracked earth soaks up what it has badly needed.

I went out to my truck to make sure that the duct-tape window was keeping the rain off my back seat. (So far, so good.)

I went barefoot, with the wet new smooth sidewalk underfoot. The wind pushed the rain around a bit, but nothing too bad. I laughed, though I'm not entirely sure why. I walked slowly, though I'm not entirely sure why.

I thought about getting caught in rainstorms at camp or on Ebeye, about looking forward to rain. I wondered how Elijah felt when that very first drop hit the ground after three years of drought. What would it be like if we looked for blessings the same way we look for rain?

More later.

--Ashlee

1 comment: