2-3-11
Today I got a lot accomplished, even if it wasn't necessarily what I wanted to have gotten done.
I'm learning how to be flexible. It's been a long process since I started learning on that Maranatha trip to Peru in 2005 and during my first summer of camp in 2006, and I'm a lot more flexible than I used to be, but I like things to be orderly and planned. Ducks in a row, that sort of thing.
Today I planned to have practice with my director again; he was sick, so I still practiced, but without him.
Today I planned to get my check request from my financial adviser and take it to accounting in order to get it ready to take it to the Credit Union so I can pay off that one private loan; he was sick, so that got put off until next week.
Today I hoped/planned on going to a friend's hockey game; there wasn't anybody else who was driving to watch, so I had no ride and couldn't go. (<--This I was super disappointed about. I really want to see this friend's games.) Instead, I did laundry, sorted stuff, was productive, wrote two blog posts, watched the last three episodes of the Colbert Report, etc.,
I've gotten decently good at time management, but that leaves me with weird amounts of free time. I'm ahead of myself, and though that's a little time-paradoxical, I'm having to figure out what to do in that time. I don't want to waste time, I want to use it wisely. Maybe use it to build relationships and such, like we did with all that extra time on Ebeye. But then I couldn't be the only person with "extra" time, and sometimes that seems to be the case. *sigh* Sometimes I miss that island.
P.S. I am the least productive person.
ReplyDeleteGood on ya, mate.
Eh, how so? You blog more than I do, for sure. Which means you get more writing done. *sigh*
ReplyDeleteI suppose there is that. But things I don't want to do?
ReplyDeleteI am doing this instead of writing a project paper that another person's grade depends on.
(DO NOT READ THAT, BROOKE)
So, not productive.
Whatever. I went to bed last night at 9:30 because I'm teetering on the edge of the sickbyss and I don't want to fall over. So now I have to do my homework before work. *sigh*
ReplyDeleteI understand though. I wasn't trying to make you feel unproductive.