12-9-10
Today we had the annual Brock Bowl, that geeky convocation where English majors and minors face off with History majors and minors in a trivia contest of English and history questions. I always play on the English team, despite the fact that I am also a history minor. For years, one of my now-graduated history major friends tried to get me to play on the history team, but I had to show major loyalty. Right? (Right.)
For years, the history team has won, partially due to the efforts of the aforementioned friend of mine. But today? Today English trounced History for the first time in years. YEARS. And I played a decently large role in that (and I'm probably being modest, but whatever.) I answered a lot of questions (got some right, got some wrong; that happens), and I say "trounced" because that's the only way one can explain a score of 300 to 100. Just sayin'.
One of my teachers told me that I should try out for Jeopardy!, and another teacher told me I should study law and specialize in First Amendment rights. I say, graduation is two years off, and I haven't decided what I'm going to do after I graduate. We'll see where God takes me in the next two years and beyond.
Trounced. :-)
ReplyDelete