Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Break

12-1-10

Yes, break ended on Sunday, and so the busyness descended upon all of us students once again. This is the first chance I've gotten to write some blogs, and I'm trying to be fair to both my blogs.

Anyway, break gave me a great chance to do a LOT of writing. I spent about four hours on last Wednesday putting the rest of one of my unnamed stories onto my computer, and so then I had to do what I promised and start putting it on the critique forums.

It felt nice to get that third draft done--and then I moved onto some of my other stories. One story has been shelved for a while because one, I was learning how to actually write in the viewpoint character's viewpoint, and two, the story wasn't working. I actually have this one sort of planned out. Vaguely, anyway.

One of the other characters wanted to talk, even though he really doesn't talk to the other characters much and has secrets that he doesn't even want to admit to himself. So he's guarded and cynical and actually telling the story better than my original main viewpoint character did (and she's been my viewpoint character since I created the story in eighth grade). He's not the only viewpoint I have, but it did change the beginning point as well. Anyway, we'll see how that goes.

-Ashlee

No comments:

Post a Comment