Sunday, December 5, 2010

Christmas Concert, Taco Bell, and Homework

12-5-10

The annual Southern Adventist University Wind Symphony Christmas concert (also featuring the SAU Jazz Ensemble and the Southern Ringtones) went well last night. We had a decently filled gym despite the cold and the fact that it was a Saturday night. (I'm sure the offered convocation credit brought some of the other students in, but some just really like our music.)

I didn't play as well as I would have liked on all the pieces, but the sections I was most worried about I did well enough on that I'm sure no one knew. The trick to doing Christmas music is that most of it is recognizable to most, if not all, of the audience. I always seem to end up on the edge of the stage for Christmas concert, which means that everyone gets a great profile of me and I'm always in the upper corner of the video playback while the Jazz Ensemble is playing. We all got compliments afterward, so I'm sure people enjoyed it.

After the concert, I went to Taco Bell with Teliesha, Justin, and Chris. We waited approximately twenty minutes for our food (you think they'd hire more people for Saturday nights, but whatever, we all got to talk--and good quality conversation, one of my favorite types of conversation, if you haven't figured that out by now) and after Justin and I ate, we went back to Teliesha's apartment and watched most of a movie. We would have finished it but Chris and Justin had to get back to their dorm room, I had to get to my apartment, and Teliesha needed to have the guys out by 1:00 AM.

Interspersed between hurrying through the blastingly cold wind and working with clients at the Writing Center today, I got much of my homework done. It's weird to think that we're in the week before finals--not so weird that I still have tons of homework to do this week.

And I'm still looking for a ride north on the sixteenth. I'm sure it'll work out.

~Ashlee

No comments:

Post a Comment