Monday, January 3, 2011

Christmas Break

1-3-11

I finally had found a ride, with a friend's roommate and that roommate's boyfriend. Maricel and Matt were very nice, and we left at 5:00 AM and made super good time to Indiana and points beyond. When we got close to the rendevous point with my dad, the traffic slowed way down. Rubberneckers, we figured. When we went past the wreck (which was on the southbound side, actually, and had completely stopped traffic on that side), I realized that we'd had a safe trip as well. What we saw was this: the trailer of one semi truck was crumpled in the middle, and the cab of another semi was almost completely gone. That was not a good wreck. (Not that any ever are, but you all know what I mean.)

When we met up with Dad, I got to go to a Barnes and Noble and then we went home. At home, not much happened. I read books, watched TV and movies, and played on the computer and with the cats. I mean, we did Christmas and I gave and got presents (including a saucepan, Music and Lyrics, and an entire set of dishes) and we did New Year's Eve a day early because I was meeting up with my ride the actual day of.

Well, sort of meeting with my ride. Dad and Caitlyn took me down to Pastor Charlie's house, where I caught a ride (and dinner at Cracker Barrel) to Timber Ridge Camp (the best camp in the entire universe) for staff retreat. (More on how stretching staff retreat was in a later post.) Staff retreat is where I met up with Ashley and Zack, and we traveled back to Southern yesterday. So here I am, all ready and rarin' to go for another semester.

More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment