3-16-12 (Well, it's the 17th now, but I haven't gone to bed yet.)
Fiction-y.
___________
He was luminous. Not that he really glowed, per se. It just wasn't scientifically possible.
He didn't glitter, either, and she preferred it that way. After all, not everything that was gold glittered, and he didn't need to glitter for her to know that he was gold.
She would just have to be herself in order to let him see that she was also luminous.
___________
"Many Roads" by Andrew Peterson: This is just a song that is speaking to me at the moment. I really like the story encapsulated in this piece. It works on just so many different levels. Also, I don't think it's related to the fiction-y piece, but I didn't want to put a different post up top just to share a song on YouTube.
Fiction-y? So . . . hmm.
ReplyDeleteAndrew Peterson is good.
Are you referring to the poem in *MoV*?
Poem in MoV? (Explain, please, before I can answer.)
ReplyDeleteYes, fiction-y hmm....
*Merchant of Venice.*
ReplyDelete"All that glitters is not gold;
Often have you heard that told:
Many a man his life hath sold
But my outside to behold:
Gilded tombs do worms enfold.
Had you been as wise as bold,
Young in limbs, in judgment old,
Your answer had not been inscroll'd:
Fare you well; your suit is cold.
Cold, indeed; and labour lost:
Then, farewell, heat, and welcome, frost!
Portia, adieu. I have too grieved a heart
To take a tedious leave: thus losers part."
(Act II Scene 7)