8-1-10
We finished camp today. It was sort of bittersweet--we had our last campfire last night, sang the theme song for the last time, etc., but we also had Breakfast at the A-Frame at Midnight (AKA 10:30), marched around the field after midnight, looking like fools and eventually have the last flag lowering, and watched Aladdin. (I was surprised to realize that I know most of the lines and all of the songs' words even though I haven't watched that movie in years. Years.) We didn't get to bed until 2:30 this morning.
Everyone hurried out of here this morning (if they hadn't been gone for the last part of the week) in order to make it up to Glendale to attend Ryan and Baylie's wedding. It was a fantastic ceremony, Baylie was gorgeous, and both Pastor Charlie (Baylie's dad) and Pastor Thurber (Ryan's dad) cried a little while marrying them (yes, they did it together, and it was very cool). I wish Ryan and Baylie a wonderfully blessed and long marriage.
Now I'm back at camp until Thursday because I volunteered to stay and help clean up (hey, we're also getting paid). It's going to be a lot of hot, grungy cleaning, but that's okay for a variety of reasons.
Also, I dyed my hair last Wednesday. Well, Alyssa did it for me, but that's because it was my first (and probably the only) time of dyeing it. It's pretty much the same color it has always been, but redder. Lots of people have liked it and said so to me. Hm. Longish story behind why I dyed it. Ask me sometime if you actually care. Sort of a camp staff fad thing, but sort of not.
Anyway, I must hie to bed, for I have work upon the rosy-fingered dawn. (I've been reading the Odyssey.) More later.
No comments:
Post a Comment