7/22/10
Today was my day off. I slept in until 9:30, had pancakes with the day off crew, practiced my bass clarinet, Arion, continued reading volume 2 of Sherlock Holmes short stories, put away my clean clothes, tried to figure out monetary issues for next school year, and took a short rest (I didn't sleep, therefore it was not a nap). Then I had to come off of my day off early because we had the Teen Camp Banquet today.
We had an island theme, and so I wore an outfit that I actually did wear on an island. Most everybody else totally thinks "island = Hawaii" when it doesn't necessarily have to mean that. To me, "island = Ebeye" and so I went with that. I even had red tape on one of my flip-flops. I probably should buy some more, but I only have fifty-seven dollars left in my bank account and that has to last me until I cash my check from camp and through paying off last semester's bill and getting ready for this next semester.
*sigh* I know the love of money is the root of all evil, but having a decent amount of it would be nice. I don't love it; it's not my idol; but I would sure love to be able to buy some of the things I want and not just what I need (not that I can always afford the needs, either).
Anyway, it's weird to think that camp is almost over and that I will be entering my second junior semester of university. I wonder what adventures await me...
No comments:
Post a Comment