(yes Robby I have stolen your titling method in order to avoid making clever titles)
10/9/15
I'm doing a much better job of integrating myself into community here. Maybe it's because as far as I know it's for long-term. Honestly, I don't know what the difference is.
But I am still quite lonely. Work is work, which I enjoy, but you're at work to work and not socialize, though it does happen a little. (And besides I have so much to do within 38 hours a week so I'm pretty much working all the times.)
Anyway, there we go, I am lonely despite being surrounded by people, enjoying my job, and making connections. *sigh* I thought it was just a grad school thing.
Sorry to hear that you're feeling lonely. <3 I feel you.
ReplyDeleteI have always found that putting dates instead of names frees me from the five-minute struggle of meaninglessness.
ReplyDeleteI understand this loneliness. Grad school (aside from my not-so-swell SM year) has been my loneliest experience thus far, and it's beginning to dawn on me that this is what life will be like from now on. I have to make a concerted effort to hang out with people, and they may not even be people that have common interests or that I really connect with, but I will hang out with them because of the fact that they are a living, breathing human being and not my textbooks. I feel like I took so much for granted in college and having friends around all the time. Wow, sorry this turned into a little venting session. I really just meant to say that I really understand what you are talking about.
ReplyDeleteJanelle: Yeah, I was disappointed to find out it was a not-being-at-college thing rather than just an effect of being at grad school. Thanks.
ReplyDeleteRobby: And avoiding five-minute struggles of meaninglessness is good motivation, that's for sure.
Krista: Venting is okay. And, yeah, I'm learning the same lesson. Biggest difference is that I do spend 40 hours a week at work and so I am getting to know people that way. And I'm making an effort. But it's also so hard. And I miss being around my friends from college.