11/5/2015
I'm attempting NaNoWriMo. I'm about a day behind, but it's the most I've written in a long while.
I am enjoying my job. I scanned another diary today. That was fun. The whole thing is a massive project that will take a while to complete, if it can ever be actually completed.
I don't think failure has to become a person's identity, that failure has to define a person.
(These thoughts aren't connected to other except that I'm thinking them.)
Yeah, I saw you were writing that this month ... any chance you might let me see it?
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you like your job.
I like the thoughts about failure, too. I kind of think it might not be bad to let failure define you if it happens in the right way-- if it ... refines you? I guess? Anyway ... I fail so much and so often, and I hurt people, but like ... I'm trying to let it make me a better person.
I think maybe you're saying the same thing, but I also think there's a danger in ignoring the lessons a failure can teach you (even if they're hard lessons).
Anyway. I'm glad to hear from you. :-)
I don't know exactly which of my tumblr followers you are, but I've got a decent guess. :)
ReplyDeleteI think there's a difference in saying "I have failed" and "I am a failure". And I think it's easier to learn from the former rather than the latter. Refining comes in the former and defining comes in the latter.
Well, that's a kind of terrifying thought ...
ReplyDeleteI think you expressed what I was trying to say and more in a clearer and overall much better way. :-)
I don't mean it to be terrifying. I just have a guess and haven't tried to see if I'm right because it would be kind of embarrassing to be wrong. Then again, I could be wrong that you're one of my tumblr followers and then that's already embarrassing.
ReplyDeleteAh, Tumblr. One of life's many embarrassment machines. :-)
ReplyDeleteI honestly have no idea.