_____
It's raining, it's pouring.
Nobody's snoring.
At least I'm not.
Yet the whole world's asleep.
-
What can make a person miss
Things they were expected to find?
Timelines and schedules and half-laid plans--
Ideas the self unconsciously wedded to
(But who did the expecting?)
-
I'm really quite happy, when all is told,
But if I'm a protagonist,
my story hasn't
quite
begun
(or least, some chapters I expected to happen
haven't)
_______
This sounds like something Rapunzel might say.
ReplyDeleteThe verb choices in the last two lines of the second stanza are interesting.
Anyway, if this isn't fiction, I'd love to tell you it all works out eventually, but would you be content if it didn't?
Looking at those two lines again they are very interesting verb choices. That wasn't necessarily on purpose.
ReplyDeleteand it's mostly fiction but there's a kernel of truth in it as well. And the question of contentedness is still one I have yet to answer to, well, to my content.
Fair enough, I guess. :-)
ReplyDeleteWould you say the seed from which a thing grows is as important as the thing itself?
Anyway, reading back on my comment, I think I was a little unfair because I think choosing happiness with one's circumstances today is not the same as choosing to exist in those same circumstances for the rest of your life, right? So ... I dunno, can you choose to be happy with where things are now while still working toward something you hope will make you happier?
I guess the point is that your writing makes me think, and I am privileged to be able to read it. <3 Thanks!