Monday, August 3, 2015

Crashing into my new life

8/3/15

In a week I start my new job. Well, in exactly a week I'll be getting back from lunch at my new job.

Anyway, last Friday I was on my way to my new state. I had spent most of the night driving, taking rest stop naps and breaks to stretch my legs. I was only two, two and a half hours away from my destination when I got rear-ended on a highway nearly devoid of traffic. My truck is probably completely totaled.









And I don't have the chance to upload a more recent photo of the last two photos, but I'm pretty sure the bed is disconnecting from the cab. So, yeah, probably totaled. At least it wasn't worse and at least I wasn't at fault. I just bruised my hand and had muscular neck pain that is starting to fade. The whole thing was pretty scary.

More later.

5 comments:

  1. Oh man that sounds scary. I am glad you're mostly ok. I remember reading a bit about it on Facebook, but I just realized I can't remember what happened with your transportation. How are you doing now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. My truck was totaled. The friends I stayed with last summer helped me find a new vehicle, which I've now had for almost two-three weeks. I like it. I'm still wrestling with the guy-who-hit-me's insurance because I decided to wait for my last medical bill, and once I got it, I sent it to them (two weeks ago) and I still haven't heard anything. Two days ago, I emailed them, and today I left a message on the agent's phone. I said that I would be persistent.

    But work is going well, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you've had to deal with all that, especially with a new job.

    I'm glad the job is going well, though. And that you've got a new vehicle, and that the medical bills are ended. I hope the insurance company comes through quickly.

    What's your favorite part of your new job?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, they've finally gotten in contact this week, and I got my settlement. Two of the bills are paid, the third has been dropped in the mail, and I am glad that it's all settled.

    Favorite part of my new job? All the things I'm learning about Adventist history. The fact that I will never never run out of things to do.

    ReplyDelete