10/16/14
Just in case you're one of those friends who worry about me: This is NOT fiction-y. It is fictional. I had the premise pop up in my head while riding the bus today. :)
___________
So, this is my number!
Awesome! Wanna meet up at the cafeteria?
Be there in five
...
So, had a cool idea for story. Wanna hear it?
DUR. Promise I won't steal it
[redacted: examples of blatant nerdery]
[redacted: equally blatant example of nerdery]
...
You gonna be at the cafe at 12?
Yep. Usual table.
Awesome.
Ugh, wish those two would stop making eyes at other.
I know, right? Ha ha we're texting to each other and we're in the same room
RIGHT? What's with these losers
They're not losers.
Nah, but WE ARE
FOR SURE
...
Ugh this homework is getting me down
You can do it! Kick its butt!
Why is grad coming so fast
We're just time traveling that's all
...
So you should date [name redacted]
Why? Does he like me?
I dunno. Probably
What about [name redacted]?
It'd never work
...
Did you get me the homework?
Yep. I'm in the lobby
Be right down
...
Merry Christmas!!
MERRY CHRISTMAS
And a happy new year
Everything going well at home?
Well, my parents are still my parents so there's that
I'm sorry. You should move
With whose money?
Oh right.
...
Can I borrow your truck?
For what?
Oh, you know, stuff
Let's talk. Twenty minutes, student center?
Yeah let's do that
...
Did you ever date [name redacted]?
Nah not my type
REALLY? you two would have been PERFECT
turns out he had a girlfriend the whole time
oh. sorry about that. you okay?
a bit disappointed but yeah
how about [name redacted]?
what
...
congrats on graduating! dinner? usual place?
pick me up?
of course. meet in central campus
great. on my way
...
Let's have dinner
Really? How? We're not in the same time zone
Well there's always skype
right
also I was quoting sherlock
what
...
happy birthday
thanks!
i hope you're destroying your enemies one by one
of course I am
...
got a boyfriend yet?
well the creepy construction worker outside my apartment leered at me
if he doesn't date you maybe he'll use you for a skin jacket
that's gross
right? some people don't appreciate the skin aesthetic. well, when it's in jackets ;)
ew. :P how's your comic coming along
fine. I should email it to you
do so. i'm so bored
...
thought of you today. hope you're doing well.
yep. doing just fine!
...
whatcha up to?
oh you know same old same old
...
how's it going?
good. you?
good
...
...
...
...
...
hey! thought of you today. I hope you're doing well!
whose number is this
_______________________________
That's sad, but it's the sort of thing that happens kinda scarily fast, isn't it?
ReplyDeleteOh, bittersweet feeling of the #informationage
ReplyDeleteOuch! I wasn't expecting that ending, but unfortunately it's very true to life. Loved this.
ReplyDeleteIt does happen scarily fast, it seems. And it is bittersweet, and depending on the person, more bitter than sweet.
ReplyDeleteAnd, yeah, people drift apart. I'm glad you all read this.