Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fall (Study) Break, Part 2

10/20/13

A week ago (which is what I'm writing about), my parents drove up to A2 because my truck was leaking power steering fluid big-time. Like, it turned out to be a fantastically large hole in one of the hoses. Happily Dad was able to get the hose off, I was able to purchase a new hose and some clamps, and Dad put the new hose on. Awesomely, it was less than $20. Not awesomely, the guy at the store kept directing his questions to Dad until it finally dawned on him that 1) I knew the answers about my vehicle, as it was my vehicle, and 2) that I was the one paying for the parts, and thus he began talking to me. I paid Dad with lunch (I also bought it for Mom and D, and that took a nice chunk of money out of the bank account, but it was nice.)

So no more worries about the leaking power steering fluid on Grune. However, the 'Check Engine' light is still on and he doesn't like going up hills AT ALL and so when I'm in MC for Thanksgiving or Christmas, I think I might have my transmission flushed or whatever the process is there. I want to keep this vehicle running indefinitely.

On Monday I had to work, and I was learning how to do pick-up and discharge. Big whoop. Tuesday I spent all day doing my reading for 581, wearing several layers of clothes and wrapped in blankets. I don't want to turn on my heat until I absolutely have to. I like sleeping cool and I like saving money, so unless I can see my breath, all is well. Besides, if my landlord (who lives on the bottom floor) turns on his heat, well, heat rises.

On Wednesday I talked to the cute bus-stop guy (who is indeed my next-door neighbor on the top floor), and he spent 11 hours each day of the break working on a project. He's a biomedicalsomethingorother graduate student. And then I went to class and group meeting and then I walked around Kerrytown and visited the Farmers' Market and Hollander's. Maybe I'll eventually buy something from one of those places.

More later.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got your car fixed. Hmm, the dude sounds interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This seems like a compilation of tweets I have read. HOORAY TWEETS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, this was more of an update. I do more updates and thoughts on Twitter than on Facebook. Mostly because Mom has Facebook, and sometimes you just . . . don't want parental 'help' in the form of comments.

    Yes, Janelle, he's interesting, but he does have eleven, twelve hour days in the lab, apparently. So interesting, but not going anywhere. :) I'm also glad I got my car fixed.

    ReplyDelete