Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Yay!

2-19-13

Last week, I got accepted into UMSI! I'm really excited, though I'm not giving them an answer until after I find out what kind of assistance they can offer. Y'see, I'm poor, and graduate school is expensive. So I got myself a new bank account (so I could have a local account, and not just one whose closest branch is two hours away from me), and I've done my taxes. I still need to do my FAFSA, but I'm sure my expected family contribution will be what it has been for the last couple years (0000). I've also turned in all my paperwork to work as a substitute teacher in my local public school system, so now I just have to wait for phone calls in order to have work.

I appreciate the fact that SI has current students e-mail prospective students. I've exchanged e-mails with a current Archives and Record Management (ARM) student, and the most useful thing I've found out so far is that it'll be cheaper to find housing that isn't run by the university. (Where have I encountered that before?) Anyway, SI has a Prospective Student Visiting Days in March, and I plan to sign up and attend. They've got a job fair and a housing fair at the Visiting Days--it would be silly not to go, considering that I'm only a couple hours away from the school.

Yay!

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I hope it all works out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, great news! Hope the visit goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that?!

    Definitely get with the wonderful Adventist Students for Christ campus ministry at UMich--God is doing amazing things there and the group has its own sabbath services. Plus, one more resource for housing, etc. http://umich.adventiststudents.com/

    ReplyDelete