3-24-11
So I wish I saw someone enough to even have the chance to be cowardly. I wish the chemistry department hadn't updated to a new edition for next semester, thereby locking me out of being able to sell back my chemistry textbooks at the end of this semester. I wish I knew how I was getting home when the semester ends, and how I am getting to camp by June 7th. I wish I got to spend more time with my friends. I wish I knew what I'm supposed to do with my life. I wish I knew how to balance between the various things I want to do in the future. I wish I had enough money. I wish that one of my best friends could be on campus so that I could talk to him instead of having to text him. I wish. I wish. I wish.
But I try to remember the following, found in Psalms 94:19: "Ich hatte viel Kummer in meinem Herzen, aber deine Tröstungen erquickten meine Seele." (Yes, I went and found out how to do the umlaut thing in the word Tröstungen. I wanted to get it right, you see.)
"So I wish I saw someone enough to even have the chance to be cowardly."
ReplyDeleteHmm. That gives me stuff to think about.
Also, that verse is beautiful.
Also Also, every time someone says the word "wish," I get this dialogue in my head:
"Wishes."
"Fishes and wishes."
"Fishy wishes."
"Wishy fishes."
I mean, I don't want to be cowardly, but I don't even have the chance to be brave OR cowardly, if that makes sense.
ReplyDeleteIt says almost the exact same thing in English, I just like the sound of it in German.
When I hear "wish," I think of Jayne, when he says, "Yeah, and if wishes were horses, we'd all be eatin' steak."
Yeah, that makes perfect sense. That's what gives me stuff to ponder, because I, unlike you, have lots of opportunities that I have used to be a coward.
ReplyDeleteOh yes, Jayne! We should all watch some more Firefly sometime. Jayne is my favorite.
I don't think you're being cowardly, Janelle. Just saying.
ReplyDeleteAnd, yes, I should join when you watch Firefly. And you can take me to Brooke's when you go to watch CASTLE.
I have so many things to be cowardly about . . . yeah. But thanks.
ReplyDeleteYes. I think we should do that.
Yes. Ashlee, that does make sense. Without opportunity then we can never even think about (really) what may be.
ReplyDelete