Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Day Before St. Patrick's Day

3-16-11

I found this cool logic puzzle site that I've been trying to do a puzzle or two from it per day. I figure it would flex the logic muscles and get them in better shape. I thought you all might be interested in checking it out, if logic puzzles float your boat. I'm usually more of a crosswords gal, but like I said, I want to stretch the logic muscles.

Why do I want to stretch my logic muscles? Oh, I don't know, except that if I decide that my career path/calling/whathaveyou is to be a lawyer, I want a good LSAT score, and the part I did (relatively) poorly on in the practice one I (loosely) took during Thanksgiving Break was the logic part. I want to see if I can get speedy. You know why? Law school is expensive, and the better an LSAT is, the better the scholarships are. I have enough loans as it is, but still.

On that note, dear friends who actually read my blog and know me, what do you think? Would I make a good lawyer? (The question isn't, Am I capable of it? For I know that I'm capable of it. That's not what I'm asking. Part of my problem is that I'm capable of doing lots of different things.) I'm trying to gather information about the profession, schools, etc., and I'm trying to get the opinions of people who know me and see what they think.

Though I have this sneaking suspicion that if I'm spending this much thought on it, I probably already know what I should do and I'm just beating around the bush and picking up sticks when I should be picking berries. (Okay, that was an exceedingly overdone metaphor/analogy/thing, but I think you all know what I mean.)

7 comments:

  1. That's interesting. I think you could be good at it, but I don't know much about lawyers. One of my close friends is a lawyer, though, and he's something like you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I guess?

    Thanks, Janelle. I'm just trying to figure stuff out, that's all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, I hear you. You can do it, though. I know you can.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALSO: So I've been playing around with those logic puzzles most of today and even some of yesterday and they're quite addicting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not sure. Trying to figure that out. From asking my friends, I already agree that I would not be a "cutthroat, business, or tax lawyer." Otherwise they all think I'm capable of it, even though that wasn't the question.

    ReplyDelete