8-5-09
Yes, that is where I am. Eight hour drive from Timber Ridge to the EAA grounds. I was pwned at a game of Killer Bunnies, watched The Iron Giant, and finished reading Northanger Abbey. I got to chill with some of my friends in the dark blue camp van (which I think we should name something very random).
Here in Wisconsin, I sleep in a canvas tent with four other people (all wonderful, of course), and walk everywhere. I work hard all day and sleep hard at night. I drink a lot of water and eat a nice serving of food after standing in a very long line.
It's great.
Why?
Because I'm really enjoying myself. On Tuesday, I learned how to take down canopy tents (it's actually very detailed), and today I helped work on the stage walls (not the actual stage, but the walls around the area). I sat underneath a semi's trailer and tied knots to hold down the material we draped over the trailer (the trailers are the walls).
The only downside is that I miss everybody. Even though we make up a large percentage of the staff here at Oshkosh, it's not the same as being the staff at Timber Ridge Camp. It was really nice to chill at the Thompsons' tent and camper. We're all calling it the A-Frame, after the actual A-Frame at TRC. It's the people, not the place, but we know what we're talking about.
Must go work on an article for a magazine. And then I'm going to bed.
More later.
No comments:
Post a Comment